These two popular courses often prompt the question: which should I choose or do first? Here’s a guide to help.
Both courses are an alternative to painful approaches that focus on behavior (“Don’t eat sugar!”) or will power (controlling cravings.) Focusing on behavioral change and control creates tremendous stress and pressure, makes you feel miserable and like a failure, and worsens your addiction to sugar.
Thank goodness that’s not what you’ll find here!
How the courses work together
In The 30 Day Lift, you’ll build a container of compassion, resilience and strength to support you through the first 30 days of eating less sugar.
You’ll use this base in Overcoming Sugar Addiction for Life to unwind the inner dynamics that feed the sugar cravings in the first place.
Which do I do first?
Key shifts that you’ll experience in The 30 Day Lift:
- You’ll feel capable, strong, and empowered in the face of sugar cravings, setbacks, strong emotions, and “mistakes”
- You’ll feel more peaceful and relaxed about sugar, and less anxious about doing sugar “right”
- You’ll be able to set healthy limits with sugar without getting stuck in resistance, deprivation, fear or anxiety
- You’ll feel more confident – “I can handle this!” – about your relationship with sugar
- You’ll feel understood and reassured as you see that you’re not alone in your experiences with sugar
Key shifts that you’ll experience in Overcoming Sugar Addiction for Life:
- You’ll feel soothed and nurtured as you learn ways to care for your sensitivity and nervous system without using sugar
- You’ll feel more grounded and confident as you implement self care and tap into your inner knowing about what to eat
- You’ll feel more freedom and ease as you soften unrealistic food ideals
- You’ll feel less conflicted as you soften resistance and your inner rebel
- You’ll feel empowered and hopeful and less victimized by sugar
What they have in common:
- Both use compassion and connection as the basis for healing, including spiritual connection
- Both focus on healing the roots: healing what drives sugar cravings and a sugar addiction
- Neither are focused on “what to eat” or nutritional advice – you’ll need to go elsewhere for this kind of help
- Neither require a sugar abstinence to get relief – although it’s an option if you so choose
The 30 Day Lift and Overcoming Sugar Addiction for Life are a good fit if you:
- struggle with perfectionism with sugar
- feel trapped and can’t set any limits with sugar
- are highly sensitive
- are open to a meditation practice
- want to feel less driven by your inner critic
- want to feel less anxious about sugar