In today’s podcast, podcast #11, I speak about the concept of valuing and honoring the “suchness” (or in other words, the essence and life force) of ourselves and others. I also give voice to my questions and cautions about our human desire to change and be changed.
Themes within this week’s podcast:
- :40 – Opening thoughts on “makeovers”
- 1:48 – An example of the downside of makeovers – the loss of “suchness”
- 2:57 – Family story – how what brings us joy is part of what makes us unique.
- 4:30 – A practice to appreciate the “suchness” of those around us.
- 5:50 – When we allow the essences of those around us to touch our hearts, we feel love, warmth and peace.
- 6:28 – Judgement: a lost opportunity for tenderness and wonder.
- 7:16 – Honoring our “suchness” is about “seeing who’s there.” Be careful about how and why you’re trying to change or be changed.
What is it
you want to change?
Your hair, your face your body?
For God is
in love with all these things
and He might weep
when they are
– St. Catherine of Siena